As the Summer term comes to an end it’s time to reflect. I think everyone will agree it’s been a busy and fun term.

We have been planting and labelling plants, building dens, we became artists looking at William Morris and Andy Goldsworthy and much much more.

In Science we have been planting sunflowers and beans. Our bean plants are growing well and these will be sent home this week. They will need to be planted in the ground, please continue to look after them and I would love to see any photographs of them in September. The children have been keeping a bean diary and have been observing and writing about the changes to their beans over the weeks. The children are welcome to complete their bean diaries at home and again I would love to see these in September.

The children have thoroughly enjoyed ‘The Great Outdoors’ theme and we have completed some fantastic work this term. In English we have been looking at the book ‘Instructions’ by Neil Gaiman, I think the children will agree this has been one of our favourite English units this year. The children’s final pieces of work really are outstanding and I’m sure you will enjoy reading them. They really have WOWED me.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of Class 2 parents and family for your support throughout this year.

So it just leaves me to say I hope you all have a fantastic summer and I look forward to seeing you all in the Autumn term as Year 3’s. Keep shining Class 2 – I look forward to hearing about your achievements in Class 3.

Photographs to follow….

The Summer term is coming to an end……

One thought on “The Summer term is coming to an end……