This week’s recipes are for flapjacks and scones. Flapjacks are nice and easy and don’t need any flour which can be hard to get hold of at the moment. Scones will need flour but are also quite simple to make. You can adapt both recipes to add different ingredients to create your own recipes. Let me know how you get on. I’ve made both recently but I forgot to take a photo of the scones. Here’s the flapjacks. Can you guess what topping I put on?
For flapjacks you will need:
- 250g jumbo porridge oats
- 125g butter
- 125g light brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp golden syrup (depending on how gooey you want it)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Put 250g jumbo porridge oats, 125g butter, 125g light brown sugar and 2-3 tbsp golden syrup in a food processor and pulse until mixed, but be careful not to overmix otherwise the oats may lose their texture.
- Lightly grease a 20x20cm baking tin with butter and spoon in the mixture. Press into the corners with the back of a spoon so the mixture is flat and score into 12 squares.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown.
I added melted white chocolate to the top of my flapjacks. It was an Easter egg that was left over so I decided to use it! You could also add melted milk chocolate over the top or add something like chocolate drops, raisins or other dried fruit to the mixture.