Wow! Just wow! Class 2 you have worked so hard this week and even though I lost my voice and couldn’t be with you on Monday, you still tried your absolute best and I am really proud of you.

This week we completed our amazing watercolour artwork in the style of JMW Turner. There really is some outstanding pieces of art and we are going to create our own classroom art gallery to ensure all of the paintings can be displayed. Class 2 were also very knowledgeable when we completed our ‘Turner or Not’ quiz. This showed seascapes by a range of artists and the children had to really reflect on Turner’s style in order to say whether they thought the painting was by him or by another artist. I was amazed by how confidently they were able to complete this activity, and the buzz and discussion in the classroom was fantastic.

It was also good to have the opportunity to meet with parents this week and share year two expectations and have a chat about the progress being made. thank-you for your continued support with this.

I have added some optional Halloween activities to Seesaw. These are ‘just for fun’ activities and you might like to try them over the half-term holiday but you don’t have to.

Meanwhile, I hope the weather is kind to us all and you manage to get out in the fresh air on bikes, scooters, roller blades or whatever you want and have some fun family time (upload some photos to Seesaw of what you get up to!) It has been a very full-on start to year two and you all deserve a break for all of your hard work so far.

Weekly round up 21st October