Good morning class 2, yet another fabulous week of home learning completed. Well done to all of you, home and school, you have been amazing. Brownie making has certainly been popular this week. Just a quick reminder when adding work to Seesaw to also add it to the purple home learning folder. I have now had over 1000 pieces of work sent through Seesaw since the current lockdown started which is absolutely incredible, but if I have to move the work into the right folder myself, it does take up a lot of time to do so. Thank-you.

Now for a couple of videos from some budding scientists in the class.

And here we have someone who is clearly having fun making her stick house!

Here’s the final daily timetable for this week.

English- complete your alternative Three Little Pigs story

Spelling – Check tricky word spelling in your writing

Brain break – see below which one got the most votes this week!

Maths- Problem solving

P.E. Something different today – see below!

Computing- Another computing unplugged activity

R.E. Additional RE activities from Mrs Atkinson

English: Today is your chance to finish your story and send it to me on Seesaw. I can’t wait to read your stories and see what you have done with your story plan. Make sure you check your story carefully first. Use the check list I posted yesterday. Let’s see if you can really amaze me with your use of interesting adjectives, powerful verbs and fab conjunctions. If you are sure you have finished you can practise your punctuation and grammar skills on BBC karate cats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd63xyc/articles/zdp4pg8

Spelling: Grab your English story and use the year 1 and 2 common exception words sheet (tricky words) for year 1 and 2 that I have put on Seesaw to check your spelling. Be particularly careful with words we use quite often like friends, because, said, favourite. Think carefully about applying the spelling patterns we have learnt over the last few weeks.

Brain break: The clip with the most votes on Seesaw and email this week is….Banana banana Meatball. Enjoy class 2.

The choices for next week’s brain break are:

1. Koo Koo Kanga Roo Pop See Ko
  2. Go Noodle Milkshake
  3. Go Noodle pizza

I will add the vote note to Seesaw over the weekend or you can email me.

Maths: I have added some time related problems to Seesaw. You can also access an interactive game here

https://nrich.maths.org/6071

P.E. Today we are joining Mr Dineen the P.E teacher for a work-out. I hope you enjoy it, let me know if you do and we might join in with one of his lessons again.

Computing: Another idea from Barefoot computing this week. Some of you really enjoyed the dance moves challenge last week so this week it is time to practise your algorithm skill by programming a robot!

I’ll pop the instructions and the directions on Seesaw too so you can see them more easily.

R.E. Mrs Atkinson has sent some additional R.E. in advance of the Chinese New Year which starts next week.

In RE this week, I thought we could look at an alternative celebration. Next week (Friday 12th February) is the start of the Chinese New Year. This year will be the year of the Ox can you watch the clip to see how and why the years were named after animals.  Task – can you draw a picture of an ox or can you find out which animal represents the year you were born and draw that one.  The animals are all very brightly coloured.

There are some additional craft ideas here too.

A little head-up for next week, save some of your blue bin recycling such as empty plastic lemonade or cola bottles, cereal packets, egg boxes and anything else you think you might be useful for junk modelling Friday! It would be useful if you also have some form of glue and masking tape or sticky tape too.

If you’ve completed today’s work, scroll back through this week’s posts to see if there is anything else you haven’t yet tried that you would like to do as some of the Seesaw templates will be archived again on Monday to make room for new ones. Finally have a little treat and reward yourself with something you really like doing. Have a great weekend, Mrs P x

Home learning 05.02.21 Fun Friday!